6.05.2011

Texas is a Friend-Stealer

This is what I was doing on Saturday:

I (co) hosted my first baby shower for my closest friend, Tracie. She's having a sweet girl in July, Nora. I love that name...good choice, friend.

The other Co-Host, Emily, Tracie, and myself...we always say we should be a hair commercial!

It was FUN. If I could decorate my house and plan events/parties for the rest of my days, I would be in heaven.







We ate yummy food and played one game (the other host and I aren't really a fan of cheesy shower games...you know, stick your face in this diaper and identify the candy bar...mmm, no thanks)




Mini fruit pizzas. Delish.

As much as I loved throwing the shower for my dear friend, it was bittersweet. She's moving to Texas on Thursday. I hate Texas. Okay, not really, but it's not in on my favorite list right now.

We have grown really close over the last year-and-a-half. We live a mile from each other and talk and text pretty much daily. Tracie is such a faithful, truth-giving friend. I really look for honesty and realness in my friends. Because they're going to get it from me and I definitely need that in my life as well.

It's sick how cute she is pregnant.
 So Trace, when you read this, know that I cherish our friendship so much. It totally sucks that we don't get to watch the Bachelorette "do life together" on a regular basis, but I am excited for you and Adam (and Alexa and Nora) to have a new start in Texas!


And really, Michael W. Smith says it best...Friends are Friends Forever, if the Lord is the Lord of them...hah, just trying to end on a high note. 

Love you, friend!



1 comment:

jules said...

very cute and I really love the cake. I stumbled upon your blog and I really like it. Keep up the good work. Nice to meet ya!
Jules@
bedheadandbrainfarts.blogspot.com