12.24.2011

We're not really tree huggers.

Whew, I'm barely making this post in time. Christmas decorations. Although truth be told, they will stay up far beyond the big day. 

This is my third year to use these decorations and here are three reasons why: 
1. I like what I have...why change it?
2. We are beyond BLESSED, but preachers and teachers aren't made of money. I'm a thrifty nifty girl (I just like to say nifty).
3. I like being creative but it takes a lot of time and that's not how I want to spend it.

I took these pictures with Instagram because again, I don't really know how to use my camera.

I painted the picture on canvas. To me, it's totally obvious what it is but some people (dad...men in general) just don't get it. It's half of a Christmas tree, and I like it. Thank.you.very.much.
I still don't have stockings yet...sigh.


O Tannenbaum...I use red and gold ornaments with our own personal ones sprinkled in. 

This is my centerpiece. I found the idea in a Pottery Barn magazine a few years ago. Mine doesn't actually look much like theirs, but I should give credit where credit is due.


I basically bought the bucket, fake moss, sparkly sticks (great terminology, right?), and ornaments, and found the branch in my yard. I did some sawin' and put it all together.


So there you have it. I didn't take a picture, but Bryan brought home a soap stone nativity from Africa that I love. 


I may not change my decorations for next year, but I do want to add a few things to show that Christ's birth is our focus. He really is, even though it may look like we praise Christmas trees.

Isaiah 7:14 ...Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

I'm so thankful God kept his promise. 
Merry Christmas :)


No comments: