1.23.2012

Thirty, Flirty, Fun, & Firedrills

Don't be mistaken. I am not 30. I still have SIX years. Let's count them...twenty-five, twenty-six, twenty-seven...hah. I just had to rub it in a little. Truthfully, age doesn't really bother me. I think I am more bothered when someone tells me I look thirteen or sixteen. Yes, I get both. 

My BFF turned the big 3-0 this past weekend. She married a great guy because he planned a party for her and her friends in Oklahoma City. Woooohooooo. We all met in Bricktown Friday night and partied our pants off until after midnight. Because that's what young, hip 20-somethings and a 30 year-old do. Right?


Bryan Daniel, your hand is dangerously low. I'm blushing.
Ready to hit the town, sans Jojo, although she is a party girl herself, that girl.

Love you both!
Tapas!
 All I can say is wow, Tapas. Yum City. Go to Bolero in OKC and get the golden fried goat cheese drizzled in honey. Or as I repeatedly called them while devouring as many as I could get my hands on, "these goat cheese balls are SO good, nom, nom, nom!" And then everyone looked at me weird. But anyways, your world will be changed. Get the rock shrimp too. Good choice, Adam! 

After dinner, we wondered to a dueling piano bar. It was really loud but enjoyable. Who doesn't like hearing stairway to heaven, I've got friends in low places, get low, and mbop? You better believe we sang along. 



This fine gentleman truly embarrassed himself.
We all turned in around 2 and immediately fell asleep. We shared a suite with two other couples and around 2:40 we almost died. Okay, I'm exaggerating a lot, but it kind of felt like that for about 5 minutes. The fire alarm went off, but not just the annoying noise. An automated voice was screaming at us to evacuate immediately. 

So we're trying to get our barrings and some of us might have been trying to get clothes on - no names shall be mentioned - and we're kind of thinking that some idiot pulled the alarm. But, Emily opens the door and there is smoke everywhere. At this point, I'm starting to PANIC. We all made it from the third floor to the lobby. Nope, they weren't making guests actually leave the building.

Long story short, we were back in our beds within 30 minutes. We never heard what is was for sure, but it smelled like someone blew up a bag of popcorn in their microwave on our floor. Tracie and Adam were on the sixth and their alarm never went off. I mean, if there's a fire on the third floor, the sixth floor doesn't need to know about it. Sounds like a plan.   

Saturday morning was spent eating breakfast, opening presents, and hanging out. 

We love Nora!

You two are presh.
Jojo loved helping her momma unwrap gifts.

This was my gift to Trace. It was easy and fun to make: I used 8x10 frames, atlas paper, stencils of the states that I googled, white paper - thicker than card stock...what is that called? - hot glue, and little heart stickers. 

And while Texas is shaped cooler and blah blah blah, I was loving Kansas and how easy it was to cut out. Kansas: keeping it simple. That should be our motto, yes? I'm making a KS one for myself asap!

Lovely, ladies.
We ended the festivities with lunch at Zios and making Tracie feel totally awkward by loving on her with our favorite memories and qualities of her.



What a fabulous weekend. I love my friend and her life we celebrated. I still hate that she lives far away, but occasions like these help me to appreciate her friendship even more. 


Tracie, Happy Birthday! Adam, you know how to throw a party. Thanks for everything. Let's do it again. Next Weekend? Deal.

No comments: