3.25.2012

Happenings

I need to be mowing my lawn right now or making lunch but I just have to get another post in or I'll never catch up!

These are all odds and ends of our life the last month. 

Bryan went to the KU vs Mizzou game. For Free. Yes, you probably hate him right now. One of his friends had corporate tickets and invited him. I meanwhile was tiling the kitchen (see previous post) and FREAKING out. Pacing and talking to myself may have been included. But they won and it was glorious. Bry said there was a lot of hugging between complete strangers because it was such an amazing game. 
So maybe I'm glad I wasn't there...strangers in my bubble, no thanks.  





I have thoroughly been enjoying the early Kansas spring, running, and sitting outside almost every evening...reading or painting my nails. 

Wow, veins.
The weather over Spring Break was not so great. I know we needed the rain, but it was a bummer to not be outside.
So what did I do instead? I went to Hays, Kansas. It's where anyone who's anyone goes for fun, right?
My friend Tracie is from there and she lives in TX now. So she was going to see her family and we thought it would be a good excuse to hangout. It ended up being a very relaxing weekend. Thanks for inviting me, Trace!


Bad picture, great friends!


Then, I made a quick trip to KC to see my family (sorry, no pictures).


And Bryan had the last part of the week off which was awesome and rare, so we had ourselves a staycation:

the Gungor concert (listen to them, you'll love)
Mead's Corner for breakfast and coffee
the art museum
shopping at Barnes and Noble, the Gap, and Cabelas 
and sushi

I am obsessed with sushi. I want it everyday. 



Thanks Gungor, it's totally obvious how much you love Jesus.


The.best.game. (besides Candyland)

Art to walk on.

Quit staring Chuck Close.

Mouth is watering.


The rest of our break has been filled with Jayhawk cheering and birthday celebrating with our niece and nephew. 






It feels good to be caught up. Now to go get some things done and then it's March Madness time.

ROCK CHALK. 

No comments: