5.22.2012

Tradi-tion! (said like Fiddler on the Roof)

Warning: I'm going to gush about my husband and his charming good looks. 

He's the greatest, if I'm being honest. Last year towards the end of school, he mentioned that he wanted to take me out to celebrate the conclusion of my first year teaching. 

And I told him he was brilliant and said yes, please. Perfection in my life is my handsome husband and delicious food. Babe don't worry, you barely beat food ;)

So last year, we went to BoneFish. Mmmm, bang-bang shrimp. And he told me when we were at dinner that this would be a yearly tradition. I did not argue. 

This year, we wanted to try Redrock Canyon Grill. It was probably one of the best meals I've had since I've lived in Wichita. The mashed potatoes were sinful. And of course we got ice cream afterwards. 


Excited for date night!
Salmon with a sweet marmalade sauce, sweet glazed carrots, and mashed potatoes.  
Yes, we eat our ice cream with the taster spoons. It makes it last longer. Don't judge, You know you're going to do that now.

After dinner, I went to Cabela's with Bry. I can honestly say that is one store where I want to buy absolutely nothing. But my husband turns into a little boy at a toy store pointing out everything he wants. So I enjoy that. Then I went to World Market where I pretty much want everything.

To my surprise, the night didn't end after dinner. Bry reserved a night at a hotel. He knows the ways to my heart. I don't know what it is, but there is something about sleeping in a big comfy bed and not having to clean anything and relaxing in a hot tub and getting breakfast in the morning...the hotel could be next door to my house and I'd still want to stay in it. 


This was in the hotel parking lot. We slashed their tires. Okay joking, we didn't.
Robes! I wanted to steal mine but I refrained.


Our evening was spent swimming and watching In Time (interesting movie, pretty good). I also ate BOTH of the chocolate chip cookies the front desk gave us when we arrived. Good job, ash. 

The next morning, we had an awesome breakfast. I love Eggs Benedict. And then we played Monopoly Deal in our room until we had to check out. 

Breakfast time!
I beat him 2 out of 3 games. Booyah.

It was an all around lovely date and perfect mini-getaway. Babe, thanks for being so thoughtful, you know just how to love me. 
You da best.


1 comment:

Brielle Dunham said...

You guys are seriously so cute! : )